We Can Help With Your Florida Auto Injury
Car Accidents in Florida
Being involved in a car accident is incredibly stressful and can be devastating, sometimes even involving fatalities. With severe pain and suffering, the expense of medical bills for your injuries can pile up, or you may not be able to return to work in severe injury cases. A Florida car accident attorney can help you in cases that involve severe or long-term injuries by pursuing compensation for your damages. Personal Injury attorney Isadore Hyde will only get paid if there is a successful resolution to your claim. If you are injured in a car accident, contact The Law Firm of Isadore Hyde, P.A.
Negligence in Car Accidents
Florida law requires that drivers use reasonable care to prevent other drivers, pedestrians, and passengers from being injured. The following behaviors can be determined as negligent:
- distracted driving
- failure to stop at red lights or obey traffic signs
- failure to yield to the right-of-way
- reckless or careless driving
- drunk driving
- failure to mind pedestrians or bicycle riders
Steps to Take After a Car Accident:
- Check to see if anyone needs urgent medical attention
- Call the police
- Obtain as many facts as possible. Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of anyone involved in the accident. Get the other parties’ insurance information and vehicle identification number.
- Get the name, badge number, and contact information from officers who are at the scene.
- Take notes of the date and time of the accident and the approximate address of the accident. Note your direction of travel and the direction of travel of the other car. Take photos and video of the crash scene and vehicles. Write out your account of what happened as soon as you can. You can record yourself relating the details for your records. Note the driving conditions, the weather at the time, and visibility.
- Contact your insurance company immediately. Do not admit fault to the accident.
- Get medical attention. Even if your injuries may seem minor at the time, there are delayed symptoms common with car accidents. You might be seriously hurt and not realize it.
- Call The Law Office of Isadore Hyde, P.A., for qualified legal help in car accidents. A car accident attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get the compensation you deserve.
Common Injuries Sustained in Car Accidents
When you are injured in an auto accident, you will need to work with an experienced injury lawyer to build your recovery claim. The damages awarded should compensate you for your injuries. Some of the most common types of car accident injuries in Florida include:
- Whiplash is a name for muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries that can happen in a car accident. Whiplash can be very painful and takes time to heal.
- Scrapes and Cuts can result from a car accident. These injuries can be painful and pose a risk for infections and other complications.
- Head Injuries such as traumatic brain injuries and other brain injuries can cause immediate injuries and complications that last far into the future. These injuries can cause long-term problems as well as headaches and sleeping difficulties.
- Broken Ribs can occur quickly in a car accident. Even with light to moderate impact can cause ribs to break. Broken ribs are very painful and take a long time to heal.
- Broken bones such as arms, legs, hips, and even shoulders are joint in car accidents. A car accident puts massive amounts of force on the body. Broken bones do happen and are common in all types of crashes, including rear-end and side-impact collisions.
- Internal bleeding can occur with broken bones and impact pressure on the body. Internal bleeding is a hazardous condition needing immediate medical care.
- Herniated Discs occur when one or more vertebrae in your spine either rupture or shift out of place. Herniated discs are a painful medical condition requiring extensive treatment and possible spinal surgery.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder can occur due to mental and emotional injuries related to your car accident. Things that used to be routine can become confusing and even impossible. You should seek mental health treatment to recover from this disorder.
Can an Injury Lawyer help You After a Car Accident?
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident, the best way to receive the compensation you deserve is by retaining a skilled attorney to work your injury claim. Being in a car accident is very traumatic. A car accident attorney can help evaluate your case and plan to take the necessary steps to move forward with your accident claim. Contact car accident attorney Isadore Hyde, serving Lake Mary and surrounding areas. With over two decades of experience, Isadore Hyde possesses the skill and know-how to successfully resolve your case.
Contact us at our Lake Mary, Florida, office for a free, initial case evaluation at:
We are available 24/7 to protect your rights. Hablamos Espanol.